Server Host Options

I will take posts 110% more seriously if they contain dumb mspaint drawings of the idea

Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 20 Sep 2014, 9:49 am

When creating your own server you can put "rules" in effect to prevent crazy amounts of damage to the server creator's game... for instance...

one could be...
Allowance to Delivery Area: ON/OFF

another thing is setting up job descriptions for people joining the server

Server owner will be "BOSS" in charge of everything and have full access to all the jobs in the restaurant.
then people joining could have a choice upon entering the server and they will be allowed to do what their job description allows...

"COOK" - handles the raw meat and cooks it for the "PREP"
"PREP"- handles the cooked meat and all the burger toppings and makes the burger for the "SERVER"
"SERVER"-delivers food to the customer and handles money and hands plates to "WASHER"
"WASHER"-cleans plates and gives to "PREP"
"STOCK"-handles deliveries and puts product where it needs to go in the kitchen

and BOSS could promote people to Manager which would give them access to all the jobs but can not ban/kick people, only boss can ban/kick

all I know is there is way too often that people join servers just to destroy things and I think having people able to join with limitations and restrictions would help.

just an idea...
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Coldox » 20 Sep 2014, 10:02 am

That's a great idea but the only problem is there will always be trolls in the game.
People often just join Public Servers just to trash everything and "have fun" bu their definition...
I mean, I don't blame them if they're still kids and learning to crawl and such but... Yeah... xD
That's why I always put my rooms on private :b
Coldox
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 8:53 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 20 Sep 2014, 10:20 am

Coldox wrote:That's a great idea but the only problem is there will always be trolls in the game.
People often just join Public Servers just to trash everything and "have fun" bu their definition...
I mean, I don't blame them if they're still kids and learning to crawl and such but... Yeah... xD
That's why I always put my rooms on private :b


I rather play multiplayer but because of those horrible people I'm forced to make mine private.
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Coldox » 20 Sep 2014, 10:23 am

Exactly.
Like, I would really love to have my servers always Public, get like around 6 players in and work as a team and have really fun doing so but it's impossible with those trolls all around here :/
Coldox
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 8:53 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 20 Sep 2014, 10:25 am

YEP, that's another thing that should be suggested... "WORK CREWS" a group of friends that play together as a team... like how on Call of Duty and stuff like that they have Clans
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Coldox » 20 Sep 2014, 10:26 am

That would be awesome too :D
Coldox
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 8:53 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Eighto » 20 Sep 2014, 3:56 pm

Made an account and everything just to make this suggestion, only to realize you made it first.

This, definitely.
User avatar
Eighto
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm

Re: Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 21 Sep 2014, 1:05 pm

Eighto wrote:Made an account and everything just to make this suggestion, only to realize you made it first.

This, definitely.


haha awesome! great minds think alike.
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby mouseysmonsters » 24 Sep 2014, 11:44 am

I know this isn't a long time fix, (and I agree that these features are much needed for people that want to try and play the game trying to get a successful burger joint) but can't people use these forums to find their own 'work crews' for now? By that I mean, like make sort of recruitment threads or whatever to find other people to play with that want to play seriously...well as seriously as you can play this game haha. I mean you'd still be using private servers, but at least it'd be more fun then by yourself right?
It's the main reason I came on the forums was to see if there were any groups on here looking for people to play with. I'm rather surprised I didn't find any yet, but it's possible that I'm just completely blind. Just a random thought.
mouseysmonsters
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 11:37 am

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Captaingunner99 » 24 Sep 2014, 11:56 am

the washer job would suck..... I mean, THEY WASH THEMSELVES! you'd just sit there and dump dishes into the sink. but other then that, this is a great idea.
Captaingunner99
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 10:46 am

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Villager103 » 24 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm

Some other stuff, you could change:
Customer spawn rate(the rate that the customers come)
Delivery cost
Burger types that can be ordered.
Rat spawn rate
Number of plates you start with
Number of boxes you spawn with
How fragile boxes are
How fast the day goes by
Customer wait time
User avatar
Villager103
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2014, 3:29 am
Location: Smithfield, Adelaide, South Australia, Earth, Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Re: Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 05 Oct 2014, 1:57 pm

Captaingunner99 wrote:the washer job would suck..... I mean, THEY WASH THEMSELVES! you'd just sit there and dump dishes into the sink. but other then that, this is a great idea.


Well I'm thinking they can retrieve dirty dishes and put them in the sink and once clean they could place them back in the kitchen prep area for the next burger.
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 05 Oct 2014, 1:59 pm

mouseysmonsters wrote:I know this isn't a long time fix, (and I agree that these features are much needed for people that want to try and play the game trying to get a successful burger joint) but can't people use these forums to find their own 'work crews' for now? By that I mean, like make sort of recruitment threads or whatever to find other people to play with that want to play seriously...well as seriously as you can play this game haha. I mean you'd still be using private servers, but at least it'd be more fun then by yourself right?
It's the main reason I came on the forums was to see if there were any groups on here looking for people to play with. I'm rather surprised I didn't find any yet, but it's possible that I'm just completely blind. Just a random thought.



I kind of would want to make a group but the thing is I work way too often to get on more frequent, there should be a "friend list" so you can see who is online and when and an invite to server button for when you want to add people to your game.
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby iGamerKatie » 05 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm

Villager103 wrote:Some other stuff, you could change:
Customer spawn rate(the rate that the customers come)
Delivery cost
Burger types that can be ordered.
Rat spawn rate
Number of plates you start with
Number of boxes you spawn with
How fragile boxes are
How fast the day goes by
Customer wait time



those are very good points.
User avatar
iGamerKatie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Frostyfang » 24 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

But if there are people who mess things up just press escape and go to options, click Kick/ban users and click the person's user to ban them from your server.
Easy.
Frostyfang
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Jan 2016, 3:19 pm
Location: In a world, where rats like to steal chez...

Re: Server Host Options

Postby Icebreaker154 » 16 Feb 2016, 1:58 pm

I personally don't agree simply because it'd be annoying for randoms to come and disregard rules and ruin the game for the others trying to complete the objective. Personally I believe we can leave this suggestion to the side due to the fact of private servers in which you can tell your friends to join and divide jobs between them.
Icebreaker154
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron