CBD V00-05-03

Watch as I forget what I did in each update and make baseless claims about bugs I haven't fixed

CBD V00-05-03

Postby Kritz » 12 Jul 2014, 1:59 am

oh gosh I really should take better notes when making patches

CHANGED
    NPCs
  • NPCs now spawn in smarter groups, and generally spawn more often. The customer intake has been altered, and in future it will be able to be dynamic based on player performance and other conditions.
  • Generally NPCs are less likely to wait outside the restaurant if it is full, although some groups will still hang around waiting for a free spot.

Burger Orders
  • Orders are now scored based on the quality of preparation. A burger that matches its recipe and is well cooked will receive more money than one that is missing ingredients, has extra unneeded ingredients, or has been burned or undercooked.
    NOTE: This means that you can give a customer any kind of burger, and they will still accept it. Larger burgers generally earn more money than smaller burgers.

FIXES?
  • Orders should now disappear if a customer leaves before being served. This should hopefully prevent the UNLIMITED ORDERS COMPLETED glitch. Let me know if it doesn't! :D
Kritz
Site Admin

Re: CBD V00-05-03

Postby Qbopper » 12 Jul 2014, 2:05 am

PRAISE KRITZ
Qbopper

Postby Octogre » 12 Jul 2014, 7:26 am

Is it normal that I have to delete my history in order for the game to update? Because last time I had to do it and therefore I ended up with a SteamGuard restriction.
Octogre

Postby Kritz » 12 Jul 2014, 1:45 pm

It's probably a cache issue with the browser, since I'm overriding the server's file with a file of the same name, so the browser's probably trying to load from its cache when it's all, whoa this isn't right.

Try CTRL+F5ing the game page to get your browser to do a cache refresh.
Kritz
Site Admin

Postby Octogre » 12 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

It worked, thank you Kritz.

Edit:

Burgs made with ingredients on the table work just fine, but as soon as someone uses the lower bun piece from one of the boxes outside, the burg won't stick to the plate anymore.

The bug is back.
Octogre

Postby Kritz » 12 Jul 2014, 4:11 pm

yeah, crap, noticed it while I was on someone's server. I'll get it fixed ASAP.

The bug happens because when objects are created, their object name is set to 'name(Clone)' instead of 'name'. So when I search for an object called 'name', it won't find the 'name(Clone)' objects.
(although this would beg asking why I'm using such inefficient search algorithms in the first place...)
Kritz
Site Admin

Postby Kritz » 12 Jul 2014, 5:27 pm

Small update just got pushed out.

Server lists now show ping. If a server's ping is N/A you probably can't connect to it. Maybe a port forwarding issue? Still need to let users set their own ports for hosting.

I also hopefully fixed the bug where you can't use new burger ingredients.
Kritz
Site Admin

Postby Kritz » 16 Jul 2014, 5:03 pm

wait I totally didn't fix that bug

do I even test this game? I wonder.
Kritz
Site Admin

Postby Octogre » 17 Jul 2014, 4:23 am

If you mean the problem with 'Name(Clone)' it works fine for me, sorry I didn't say anything before.
Octogre

Postby Nwhis » 17 Jul 2014, 9:24 am

If there were a way for it to just check for the shape of the object and not the name, that would make sense
Nwhis

Re: CBD V00-05-03-02

Postby Kritz » 17 Jul 2014, 10:12 pm

This should probably be an actual patch increment, but whatever.

V00-05-03-02

Rats
  • I put rats back in. Their AI is slightly less buggy, but they'll still wig out.
  • Objects probably won't go into no-grav mode after a rat picks them up
  • Rats run into walls a bit too much. I'll fix this at a later date - plan to add more randomised behaviour to them.

Time of day
  • I have started implementing a time of day in the backend of the game.
  • Customer inflow has been dramatically reduced for the time being
  • Customer inflow will vary across the day, although this isn't made explicit in the current build
  • Not sure how this will affect customers over longer game sessions - unsure if players will see customers not going into restaurants still? I saw it a few times in testing, probably hasn't been fixed.

General
  • Some small upkeep with plate and burger bun code
  • I've noticed a bug where customers standing outside the store won't be able to find a table despite there being free ones inside. Will have to investigate why this happens a bit more.

That might be it, not sure. Again, I'm super thankful to y'all who come and post about bugs you encounter. I make sure to read every post, even if I'm not responding to most of them. I know it may sound a bit lazy of me, but having you guys be able to report stuff going wrong lets me focus way more on just developing the game instead of spending all my time testing. So, I'm thankful. I just hope most of the bugs aren't too game breaking. :P
Kritz
Site Admin

Re: CBD V00-05-03-02

Postby VelocityLP » 18 Jul 2014, 9:43 am

Kritz wrote:I put rats back in.

I LOVE YOU
VelocityLP

Postby nika-nika11 » 03 Aug 2014, 4:57 am

Kritz wrote:oh gosh I really should take better notes when making patches

CHANGED
    NPCs
  • NPCs now spawn in smarter groups, and generally spawn more often. The customer intake has been altered, and in future it will be able to be dynamic based on player performance and other conditions.
  • Generally NPCs are less likely to wait outside the restaurant if it is full, although some groups will still hang around waiting for a free spot.

Burger Orders
  • Orders are now scored based on the quality of preparation. A burger that matches its recipe and is well cooked will receive more money than one that is missing ingredients, has extra unneeded ingredients, or has been burned or undercooked.
    NOTE: This means that you can give a customer any kind of burger, and they will still accept it. Larger burgers generally earn more money than smaller burgers.

FIXES?
  • Orders should now disappear if a customer leaves before being served. This should hopefully prevent the UNLIMITED ORDERS COMPLETED glitch. Let me know if it doesn't! :D
nika-nika11

Postby masakr1234 » 06 Aug 2014, 1:30 am

CHANGED
    NPCs

Burger Orders

FIXES?
masakr1234

Postby nicpicroblox » 17 Aug 2014, 1:44 am

When is the next update kritz? are you on vacation?
nicpicroblox

Postby Kritz » 17 Aug 2014, 10:30 am

I wish :P

when I'm on vacation is the only time I get to work on the game! :(
Kritz
Site Admin

Postby Dnapolian » 16 Sep 2014, 10:33 pm

The order system will not remove orders if the customer walks out, nor will it update if a new one takes their place
Dnapolian

Postby Kritz » 17 Sep 2014, 11:55 pm

I hate that bug more than I hate the "game won't render making it entirely unplayable" bug.
Kritz
Site Admin

Postby zombiezane » 19 Feb 2015, 6:16 am

nika-nika11 wrote:

CHANGED
    NPCs

Burger Orders

FIXES?

why u quote without sayin' anythin'?
zombiezane

Postby DanyCZE » 05 Apr 2015, 5:07 am

And how to play new version? version in your page is V00-05-06
DanyCZE

Postby Molester Stallone » 05 Apr 2015, 6:45 am

DanyCZE wrote:And how to play new version? version in your page is V00-05-06

V00-05-06 is the new version.
V00-05-03 is an older version.

You're good to go since you have V00-05-06.
Molester Stallone

Return to Patch Notes